Short introduction to matcha green tea.
Matcha is all about having more energy than you thought possible, repressing hunger, feeling energetic, sleeping a full night again as well as shifting some unwanted weight! you can get too much of a good thing, I recommend look for organic and good quality matcha, and enjoy it in moderation. These health benefits are well known for millennium in the Far East, and is now considered to be one of the most powerful super food.
In Japanese culture, Matcha Green Tea is considered to be the finest powdered green tea on the market. Deriving from the highly nutritious young leaves picked from the tips of Camellia sinensis plant which has been grown in the the shade. Matcha Green Tea is firstly steamed, stemmed, as well as being de-vined prior to being ground by stones into powder. In order to preserve its brilliant green color and antioxidant properties, matcha powder is stored away from light and oxygen.
Matcha is absolutely wonderful by itself, unlike many teas in western cultures which require sugar, milk, or lemon to make them palatable absolutely wonderful all by itself. Matcha a tea that is truly unique in every way. To convince you in how wonderful this tea is in flavour it has Matcha is famous among many chefs, not just as a beverage, but as an ingredient in both sweet and savory dishes. Also a conversation starter on the interesting world of teas.
Health Benefits .
- I is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
The tea is now being marketed as the next big thing, loved by so many for being high in antioxidants (containing around 130 times more than an average cup of green tea), it also contains caffeine and not to forget most famously it has the amino acid L-theanine, which is known to be a mood-booster and said to strengthen cognitive ability. L-theanine is well known as a stress reliever in Japan. This makes it good news for caffeine-junkies due to its reaction with the caffeine, allowing it to release it into your system slower.
- Using a bamboo whisk and tea bowl
- Sift 1-2 tsp matcha into a cup using a small sifter.
- Add 2oz hot water. For best results use water just under a boil.
- Whisk vigorously in a zig zag motion until the tea is frothy.
- sit back, relax, and enjoy a delicious bowl of hot Matcha.